Friday, May 4, 2007

ONLINE LISTENING: Choosing a student exchange program to come to the US

Nowadays there are lots of oportunities to travel to foreign counties for study and work. There are lots of advertisments on press, dashboards of universities, in the internet and so on. That's why students, if they want to, can choose the best way of working and traveling and student exchange programs.
I have heard an online advertisment about exchange program in US. Is is easy to understand for me everything and background noise do not blocked me to hear everything. There was a suggestion for Ukraine students to go to the Us to study and to work. Usually such a students work in hotels or restaurant, but they can choose and other employers. Exchange means that two students from different countries changes for a one therm or a year.
Personally i don't want to go anywhere from my native country. I like living and studying there. I would not like to leave my family there even for a short time, because it is difficult to leave them for a weak at the moment, so i can not imagine how it would be if i would not see my baby for a months.
In my opinion, there are no better country than Lithuania, and there are many oportunities to work and to do a career in a native county. It is naive to think that there is better somewhere else where we are not.

3 comments:

sharke said...

As always you made it well! It was useful and interesting to see your opinion about different matters.:))

simuonyte said...

Giedre, you are absolutely right... "It is naive to think that there is better somewhere else where we are not" It is sad that our coutry's people leaves their homes and families just for better money, but tey do not think about what they loose...

Simona Ve said...

Giedre, I agree with you, because I would also like to have a family here on my native land:) But while I am a student, exchange programs really attract me.